DIY Homemade Hair Detangler Recipe! A quick and easy toxic free hair product for girls and women that is chemical free and natural for summer or winter!
This DIY Homemade Hair Detangler Recipe is so easy to make and works wonders on curly hair, tangles, or matted hair after you get out of the pool or shower! This recipe is seriously AMAZING and has replaced one of my high dollar hair smoothing products!
I don’t know about you, but my hair gets so tangled when it gets wet. It is painful to brush and smooth out without any products. My normal hair routine is to wash it, put on hair smoother, comb through, and dry! Adding the hair smoother or detangler makes it easier to smooth out.
The thing is, I was worried about a DIY Hair Detangler because I thought it would make my hair greasy. However, with this recipe, it doesn’t make it greasy at all. It really works and it is a fraction of the cost of the high dollar product I was using!
DIY Hair Detangler Recipe
4 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
4 Drops Bergamot Essential Oil (or Peppermint Essential Oil)
4 Drops Tea Tree Oil
Add distilled water to the spray bottle.
Add vegetable glycerin and essential oil.
Shake well before each use, spray on wet hair, and brush with comb.
- 2 oz Glass Spray Bottle
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Glycerin
- 4 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Bergamot Essential Oil (or Peppermint Essential Oil)
- 4 Drops Tea Tree Oil
- Add distilled water to the spray bottle.
- Add vegetable glycerin and essential oil.
- Shake well before each use, spray on wet hair, and brush with comb.
I told you this recipe is SO Simple! Plus, you can make it in under 5 minutes. I bought all of the ingredients for a fraction of the price of the hair smoother product that I used to use that was full of harmful chemicals.
I am excited to share this with you so that you can try it on your hair, or if you have girls that struggle with tangles! PLUS, check out this Wet Hair Brush that makes it SO easy to brush through wet tangles!
Here are the products that I used for this recipe!
When it comes to using Essential Oils, keep in mind that I only recommend using Young Living Essential Oils.
1) Young Living Essential Oils are Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils with the backing of the Young Living Seed to Seal Process. That means that their oils are tested time and time to be sure that you are given 100% pure oil and that it is from the best organic and natural sourcing. (Did you know that to be considered a “pure” oil at the local whole foods market or super store that it only has to have 5% of the actual oil?! This is SO bad for you because you do not know what else is actually in the bottle. Plus, you do not know under what conditions the oil has been sourced or obtained.) SO SCARY! This is why I only use Young Living Essential Oils in any of the DIYs or Homemade products I make.
2) Young Living Essential Oils offer so many health and wellness properties in each oil for sleep support, wellness support, muscle support, respiratory support, body support and more. There are SO many oils that you really can say “yep, there’s an oil for that”.
3) Young Living has a HUGE VALUE Premium Starter Kit to get you started with 11 of these AMAZING oils + a DIFFUSER! This is OVER a $300 value and you get it for only $160! It’s a great way to get started on this journey of health and wellness! Message me for more info about how to get a FREE AMAZON Gift Card and MORE when you sign up!!
If you have ANY QUESTIONS about Essential Oils or Young Living, or How to Sign Up for the Starter Kit, I would LOVE to help you! Please use this form to email me and let me know how I can help you get started! I LOVE talking about this stuff and would be thrilled to help you!
You can also sign up for this FREE Essential Oils E-Course!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.
Pricing subject to Change at any time. Please make sure you check the current price on Amazon.com before purchasing.