For a fun Christmas or Winter Dessert Recipe, be sure to check out this Melting Snowmen Oreo Balls Recipe!
This Melting Snowmen Oreo Balls Recipe is fun to make and a super simple dessert recipe for Holiday Parties or snow days! I took these to a friend’s cookie exchange Christmas party and they were a hit! Plus, I used my sister-in-law’s recipe for the PERFECT Oreo Balls! You can also make these ahead of time an pop them in the freezer for when you need them!
Melting Snowmen Oreo Balls
Here’s What You Need!
1 Package of Double Stuffed Oreos
8oz Package of Cream Cheese
2 Packages of Vanilla Melting Candy Wafers
2 Snack Packages of Oreo Mini’s
Orange and Blue Decorating Frosting with a Small Tip
Black Food Decorating Pen
1. Crush up an entire package of Double Stuffed Oreos in a bowl by hand or with a mixer (I removed the icing from about 5 Oreos and just used the cookies).
2. Add the Cream Cheese (room temperature) to the Crushed Oreos and mix well (I used a hand mixer for this step).
3. Make 1 inch Oreo Balls and place them on Parchment Paper on a cooking sheet and put them in the freezer for 1 hour (this step can also be done a week or two in advance, or the night before).
4. Remove the Oreo Balls from the freezer and roll them into “perfectly” round balls and put them back in the freezer for another 30 minutes to 1 hour (or longer).
5. Melt the Vanilla Candy Wafers in your Wilton Melting Pot or in the Microwave.
6. Remove 6-8 Oreo Balls from the freezer at a time and dip them in the Vanilla Melting Candy.
7. To get the “Melting look” I dipped my spoon in the melted candy and put a little bit on the pan. I also added the clear sprinkles BEFORE I put my Oreo Ball down for a fun sparkling effect.
8. Use a plastic spoon to remove the Oreo Balls from the candy and place them on a clean sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
9. Add the Mini Oreo Hats as soon as you remove the Oreo Ball from the melted candy so that it sticks.
10. Return the Oreo Balls to the Freezer for 1 hour or overnight.
11. Decorate the Snowmen Faces and freeze or refrigerate until party time & ENJOY!
I used this Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot to melt my Vanilla Melting Candy Wafers! Grab this now at Amazon for $23.72, down from $34.99! This really helped to keep the Melting Candy warm and the perfect consistency for dipping my Oreo Balls! The candy never got hard and I did not have to keep reheating it in the microwave! Plus, receive Free 2-day Shipping if you have Amazon Prime, or get Free Super Saver Shipping on orders of $35 or more!
I also used a Black Food Decorating Pen to create the mouth. This worked a lot better for me than black frosting.
Plus, you can get this whole Set of Decorating Pens at Amazon and decorate the entire face this way! Receive Free 2-day Shipping if you have Amazon Prime, or get Free Super Saver Shipping on orders of $35 or more!
If you are looking for another fun dessert recipe, be sure to check out this Easy Cheesecake Rollups Recipe for another Holiday Dessert everyone can enjoy!
What are some of your favorite Holiday Dessert Recipes to share with friends and family?!Julie Story. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.