This shop for Easy DIY Paper Bag Gift Basket Tutorial has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. I hope you enjoy and encourage someone today! #BlissfulMoments #CollectiveBias
I am so excited to share with you this Easy DIY Paper Bag Gift Basket Tutorial.
I am excited to share this Easy DIY Paper Bag Gift Basket Tutorial with you – not because it’s so simple to make, but because of the stories behind these baskets! I know so many moms who rock at life and taking care of their kids! They selflessly care for their kids and pour into other people even when it is inconvenient for them. I look up to them so much and hope that I can be as good of a mom and friend as they are someday.
I wanted to do something for the moms around me to show them that they are loved and admired. I decided to make a simple gift basket with a Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Bar so that they can enjoy a blissful moment in the midst of chaos. I also wanted to write them a personalized note just to brighten their day.
I was blessed and reminded how much a little bit of encouragement can go a long way, and I hope I can show them they are loved and looked up to even in the busy seasons of life. I hope that this gift basket will give them a chance to breath and take a moment to enjoy the blessings in life.
This past weekend I dropped off the gift baskets off at their houses with a “snail mail” hand written note that said “Blissful Moments Because You Have Blessed My Life”. These ladies have encouraged me and poured so much love and encouragement into my life. I am forever grateful for them and so happy that I know each one of them!
I have to remember that a little bit can go a long way. It doesn’t take a lot to encourage the people around you.
Here are the five ladies I wanted to give a blessing to that have immensely blessed my life.
1) Heather (my sister). My sister is someone that I look up to so much! She has constant support and love for me that encourage me every day. She has 3 kids and is the kind of mom and wife that I want to be someday!
2) My Mom. My mom is the example of a selfless Mom. She is so faithful in working so hard and loving us kids (and grandkids) well. She has never given up or given in and will do all she can to support the ones around her.
3) My Grandmother (Mamaw). My Mamaw is 90 years old and has lived a full life! She loves people well and is always an encouragement to me. She is one of the biggest blessings and support in my life.
4) Deegee (my mentor). Deegee is my faithful friend and prayer partner. She sacrifices her time to pour into me and share her wisdom and encouragement. She is full of JOY and a love for the Lord that I long for. She has blessed my life in so many ways and I am thankful for her.
5) Autumn. Autumn holds a special place in my life because for 6 years I got to love on and invest in her kids’ lives. I got to see her and her family through many seasons that I will treasure forever. She has blessed my life and I will always be thankful for her and her sweet 4 little ones!
DIY Paper Bag Gift Basket Tutorial
Here’s What You Need:
Brown (or white) Paper Sacks
Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Caramel Brownie Bar
Votive Candal Holders
1. Cut the paper bag at the bottom fold.
That’s right, so simple. No rulers or lines needed. Just cut along the fold where the flap to the bottom meets the bag (see picture above). When you unfold the bottom of the bag it will be a perfect small sack that is easy to fill with tiny blessings!
2. Cut top part of the bag in half.
I just eyeballed it and cut. I am all about simple and easy. 🙂 I used half of the top part of the paper bag to wrap around my Sweet Rewards Bars so that my friends would have something to sweet to unwrap!
3. Take one of the pieces and wrap it around the Sweet Rewards Bars and tie with string.
I was super excited that the string worked well enough so I didn’t have to add any glue. I’m telling you, this is the easiest gift basket I’ve ever made! Plus, it was a super cute option to leave on the door step as a blissful moment of blessings!
4. Open the bottom part of the bag and stuff it with tissue paper.
The tissue paper helps the bag to stay open and it’s super easy to stuff with treats once it’s open!
5. Tie a piece of string around the basket.
I loved the simple string that I used to tie on the outside of my gift basket. It helped to tie it all together and add a touch of color.
6. Stuff the basket with a hand written note and a single flower!
This basket was not expensive to make, and didn’t take much time either. I am so thankful that I was able to do this for the ladies in my life. It’s amazing how a simple act of blessing will bless your heart even more than it blesses the person you give it to!
- Here's What You Need:
- Brown (or white) Paper Sacks
- Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
- Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Caramel Brownie Bar
- Votive Candal Holders
- Tissue Paper
- Note Cards
- Cut the paper bag at the bottom fold.
- Cut top part of the bag in half.
- Take one of the pieces and wrap it around the Sweet Rewards Bars and tie with string.
- Open the bottom part of the bag and stuff it with tissue paper.
- Tie a piece of string around the basket.
- Stuff the basket with a hand written note and a single flower!
Sometimes a handwritten note that is sealed with love (or a heart sticker) and a single flower in a votive holder can say more than a large gift. Sometimes it’s not the contents of the baskets that matter, it is just the thought and love packaged in the blessing.
I think that the NEW Betty Crocker™ Sweet Rewards Bars are delicious and were a perfect treat to add to my basket of blessing! They are a highly indulgent soft baked single serve treat bars that are super convenient and great for on-the go! This is a NEW product offered by Betty Crocker, and they can be found on the cereal or bar aisle of Walmart! Choose from the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Caramel Brownie Bars, or Butterscotch Blondie Bars. A perfect “me moment” to treat yourself or the ones around you with this sweet reward.
What are some of your favorite ways to share Blissful Moments of encouragement with your loved ones?
Also, be sure to check out some of my favorite recipes to share with your friends!